Headed to the state fair today. Since my mom was out of the country on her European adventure, we had to go without her this year. We invited Kim, Kevin, Haley and Lucas to join us which was a lot of fun. Had to suck it up and get a motorized scooter for myself this year as I was in the boot. Major bummer for me.
We had another great time at the fair. Did the yellow slide twice (I watched), rode the skyway for the fist time (I could do that!), I went on ye old mill for the first time with Anna & Kristin, and fit in some old traditions too. Ventured through the food pretty well-especially enjoying hot turkey sandwiches and fried pickles! The kids enjoyed time at kidway and braved the rides. Paul and I enjoyed watching them do things all by themselves and how much fun they were having together. Visited little farm hands exhibit which the kids like and earned some cheerios boxes. We also visited alphabet center and the kids made bracelets and set up signs with their names. Loved visiting the miracle of birth center and seeing brand new piggies and calves. Kids liked it too, except for how smelly it was! Visited the KFAN area during the Barrerio show (a new tradition we've started in the past couple years). Kids raised all sorts of mayhem there. Alex ran around, Anna climbed the rafters, I don't think people were disappointed when we left. We grabbed some more food and headed out by 7. The kids, Paul and I headed up to Deer Lake from the fair. Alex was asleep in no time flat and I think the sugar made Anna hold on until the very end of the night to settle down.
Another fun year at the fair. Hate to see summer come to end though.
Friday, September 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment