I decided this summer to set a fitness goal for myself, to give me some direction in all my exercise. I kicked up my regime including starting to run. In the process for training for a 5K, I ended up with a stress fracture. So, that meant the 5K I was registered for wasn't going to take place. My sister recruited all my cousins and cousins-in-law that are in town that could join us to run with us. So, all the recruits from the race still went on....jogging for Julie! Paul's cousin Melissa ran in my place and had a PR. It was fun to hear "Julie Mattson from Eden Prairie just finished". We enjoyed a cool morning together and cheered everyone on....and had a good breakfast at Perkins! Hope to get back in running shape soon and get my 5K race under my belt before snow comes!
Monday, September 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment