It seems we didn't get all strains of the flu yet at the Mattson house, as we were all struck again with the flu, starting Friday AM. First off was Anna. It was not a fun task being 9 months pregnant and trying to take care of a girl who didn't like it when I would take her bear & blankie away after she puked. It was a continuous round of laundry! I was next up with the flu around 5 that night. I started to have a lot of cramping so I decided it'd be best if I went to the hospital to see what was going on, around 10. I was having mild contractions, about 2 minutes apart! Once we saw the doctor, he was going to give me some IV's, but was very skeptical that he could get the contractions to stop and they wouldn't stop them since I was far enough along in my pregnancy. While we were at the hospital, Paul was struck with flu...here's to hoping the contractions stop so we can all just go home and recoup! Thankfully, by around 3 AM they did, and we were able to come home around 6. My sister and mom were both here Friday night taking care of miss Anna and thankfully helped us out all day with her on Saturday as Paul and I tried to get some much needed rest. We're still recovering, but Anna's on the up and up so I'm hopefully we won't be far behind.
3 weeks and counting, but very thankful that little baby boy decided to wait a while to enter the world!
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ew... I'm so sorry you're all so sick, Jules! Take care of yourself, I'm so excited for you all!
Yuck! The flu has been brutal this year. Glad to hear that this baby's more patient than Anna. =) She just really wanted out!
By the way-- Erica had her baby on Saturday! It's a boy -- Jakob Charles.
Post a Comment