Monday, April 20, 2009

Anna's Birthday Party

On Sunday the 19th, we threw a party for Anna's friends. We were brave enough to have 8 three year olds to celebrate: Anna, cousin Katelyn, cousin Aly, and friends from ECFE: EJ, Lukas, Ava, and twins Anna R. & Libby. Ava's big brother, Thomas, age 6 also came to celebrate as he loves the kids so much. Of course, we had cousin Brooklyn & brother Alex here too, pulling in the one-year old group! Everyone arrived around 4 and we played until dinner time. It was a zoo, but lots of fun. We have been in class or playgroup with the kids from ECFE since Anna was 6 months old. I get along with all their parents really well and it's always fun (although getting to be more & more chatic!) to get together. Paul & I made hotdish for the kids (Anna's favorite) along with some rolls, fruit and chips. I made some wraps for the parents too. After dinner, more playtime and then we had a little gift exchange for all the kids. Everyone brought a kids CD to share. We were thankful to do that since Anna already has so much stuff, but I was also thankful to rid myself of the repetitive Justin Roberts CD Anna always asks for. She loves her new CD and requests "bus song" (wheels on the bus) everytime we're in the car now. We wrapped up the night with cake & the birthday song. Of course, we had to have a Dora cake. It was a fun time for everyone, but Paul and I were relieved when it was over. We relaxed that night after putting the kids to bed with a bottle of wine (much needed)! I'm so sad I didn't get a traditional couch picture of all the kids, but I did get this one of them all eating-the chaos in complete effect!

Princess Anna-complete in her crown from day care--Dora cake!Katelyn & Brooklyn (and Anna R.) on the piano

She blew the candle out!The party is over---Anna & Alex are waving good-bye!

No comments: