
The kids, Paul and I headed to the great MN get together today. We met up with Mom & Kristin at 10 and didn't head home until 7! I can't believe we were there that long, much less both our kids survived! We started off the day with the "miracle of birth" building, where we saw a baby cow (born at 3AM) and a baby lamb (born at 9:30 AM). Then, it was time for food. Mini donuts, cheese curds, and a taste of a pronto pup. Then, it was time for Alex to eat and Mom to visit some buildings. We brought the kids over to KFAN and listened to the end of the PA & Dubay show. Then, it was time for more pronto pups,

corn on the cob

and caramel apples. We of course couldn't miss the big giant slide too-Anna went once with Paul and once with me.

We hit the grandstand and then headed over to the kid Midway, after a frozen banana. Anna loved the rides. She went on a car ride with Paulie.

Then, she wanted to do tilt a whirl. Let me state for the record that I do not do tilt a whirl, but I couldn't let just her & Paul do it (she'd be flying around). So, I braved the ride for my girl. It was not pretty-I could barely stand when it was done. Then, Anna wanted to go on a balloon ride with Kristin.

We said good-bye to Kristin & Mom around 2 and then watched the parade. Anna loved all the action! We explored a couple more buildings, had corn fritters & fried green tomatoes, and headed back to the KFAN stand to feed Alex again (with hot french fries). Now, a side note. We listen to Barreiro pretty regularly-especially during the fair. One of his favorite rants is double wide strollers at the fair-he can't stand them. As we were contemplating which transportation to use for the kids, we knew he'd probably rip on us if we brought the double wide stroller for our kids. Within minutes of him starting, he tells us he sees the stroller & continues to rip on us about it (and the cost!). Him talking about the Zooper led Maren to be able to find us and catch up with us! We couldn't leave the KFAN area without getting Barreiro's picture with the kids in the double stroller.

Too funny. We became BFF later with him when he hopped on our bus going back to the U (who knew such celebrities ?!? would be on the bus). He's a pretty nice guy. After leaving KFAN, we headed to get kettle corn & changed Anna into dry clothes(she had a little accident with the lemonade in the stroller). Then, off to the swine barn to see sheep & pigs.

Anna loved it. Then, finally at around 5:30, Anna passed out (in her pig headband...too funny!).

Paul & I grabbed a couple more things to eat while we had 2 quiet kids...a chicken & wild rice burrito & a cinnamon sugar crepe and Paul finished his night off with a big slab of bacon. We had a great day, and enjoyed our time together as a family. Alex was a superstar for his first visit to the fair and we of course enjoyed our sampling of food across the fair!
1 comment:
Holy frick! I can't believe the kids lasted that long! I'm in awe! Soren and I are going next week, but I'm sure he won't allow me 9 hours of eating, so what do you recommend??
Post a Comment