Thursday, July 09, 2009

July 4th weekend

The family headed up to Deer Lake for July 4th weekend on Wednesday night. It was overly chaotic getting up there on a work night, but worth it Thursday morning when we woke up there! Kristin joined us Wednesday night and was happy to be woken up to Anna & Alex. All 5 of us went out for breakfast and then Kristin, the kids & I hit Walmart for some shopping. A lot of the weekend revolved around potty training Anna. She was really getting the hang of it and especially liked when I moved the potty outside on the deck! Of course, the kids enjoyed the kiddy pool. Thursday evening, my mom & cousin Katie had joined us. Katie, Kristin and I went to a movie that night, the Proposal. Super cute! Anna moved to sleeping in Katie's room that night (she loves moving her sleeping bag around and sleeping with all her favorite people)

Friday morning was low key. A nice walk with the kids, Katie and Kristin. Not too much excitement that day either. Pam & Dick, Kate & Tim came up Friday night in time for our first dump dinner (Mom made shrimp, green beans, corn, and sausage and it's all dumped on newspaper & other paper)...have to eat with your hands (as much as you can!) Friday night was fireworks on Deer Lake. Anna "earned" the right to watch (because she took a nap that day). Unfortunately, it meant she had a hard time falling asleep with Kristin that night.
Saturday, the water was too perfect again to pass up so when I woke up, I put my swimsuit on! I was able to ski for the first time this year and watch cousin Katie ski for the first time since her accident (HOORAY!). We had a great time skiing, but that means breakfast waited until we got back...11AM! After breakfast, our family headed to Green Lake to celebrate the 4th of July & Craig's birthday. We enjoyed time with all the family there and a few boat rides, and swimming in the lake with Grandma Mattson. When Paul & I got back to Deer Lake on Saturday at 9:30, there was no sign of anyone there! Anna & Alex had both fallen asleep before we even got out of the driveway at Green lake so we carefully put them to sleep (Anna was in Pam & Dicks room for her last night). I checked my voicemail and heard that everyone had gone to check out puppies. They came home shortly after 10, with news that Pam & Dick and Tim & Kate each got a golden retriever. Sad that we missed out on meeting the puppies, but so happy for them! They came home, and we had a record late dinner at Deer Lake...10:30 PM! But, it was good turkey. Having late dinners meant we didn't play many games :(
Sunday we had a another great cousin walk(Kristin, Katie, Kate & I), with Anna making the entire trek in her underwear! Aunt Jane & Uncle Ed arrived as did my great aunt Doris. We enjoyed another beautiful day at the lake, including Anna & Alex finally wearing the 4th of July hats (we're still trying to get the glitter off them....3 baths later!)

No comments: