Thursday, September 25, 2008

6 month check-up

Alex had his 6 month check up and he passed inspection! He weighed in at 17 pounds, 3 ounces (50%). He's 90% in height and 75% in head. A good size little guy. We get to move to baby foods now (we've only been doing rice cereal up to this point). Yesterday, he had his visit at day care. For those that don't know, I start a new job on Monday. I'm working Mon, Tues, and Weds at Watson Wyattt; a competitor of my old company. It's located in the Kincaid's building in Bloomington. I'm nervous to start, but excited too. I'll generally be doing the same work and working with a couple former co-workers so it's not all entirely new.

I was a little emotional dropping off my baby at day care Wednesday, but know it will be so good for him. I got a kick out of spying on Anna at day care too (she plays outside Alex's window). When I picked them up in the afternoon, I heard that Anna had spotted Alex in the johnny jump up in the window and they were watching each other. When I toke Alex out, she saw me and had to be comforted until I got her (as she didn't know why she was seeing Mommy not in HER room). It'll be interesting how much they see each other every day-I hope at least once.

No comments: