I came home, and headed to global girl "dinner" at Maren's for lunch...every once and a while, we like to mix things up :) I brought Anna since she knows Maren has toys and I knew she wouldn't nap. We had a great time together and was happy to have her along. And, we had matching outfits! She was so polite during lunch!
We didn't have much time before having to pick up my mom at the airport, so we shopped for Alex's birthday present. We headed to the airport and drove around for a long time, waiting for my mom. I called Paul and he couldn't find a flight that she was on and said he didn't think she was going to get in for 45 minutes. So, we drove away from the airport and had to wait again. Was a little crabby. Thankfully, I just happened across the cell phone lot where people can wait for people and watch the planes. Anna saw the rest of the people sitting on their cars and wanted to do that too. It was gorgeous outside (65 degrees), so had to agree. What fun! We watched the planes go up & down and talked about going to Denmark and tried to look for Grandma's plane. Since then, she hasn't stopped talking about watching airplanes...I think it was a hit. To top it off, my dad used to love watching airplanes, so I know he was sitting there right with us watching with us. He would have known what each plane was, guess I have a lot to learn and teach. Here's my favorite picture of Anna in a long time-haven't gotten one where she looks so natural!
No comments:
Post a Comment