Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas #3-Andrews

We brought the kids to day care Christmas Eve and went to work as usual. In fact, we were the first ones at day care that day and I was at work earlier than usual.
Paul and I met for lunch and some last minute shopping at the mall. We got the call from day care that Alex had a fever and had diarrhea in the morning. He had thrown up the night before, but at the time we didn't think anything of it. I hurried home to get the kids and in the meantime Alex had thrown up again (which the day care people said was the first sign of strep for infants). Kristin came over to hang out with Anna during her nap time and I headed to urgent care with Alex, shortly before it closed. It was a relatively short wait, and the strep culture did come back positive so we had to get to the pharmacy before it closed! The doctor hasn't seen many infants with strep before...it's not very common. We headed home and literally a minute after coming in, the family showed up...Mom's family was all coming to my house for Christmas (with a 9 month old with strep!) My uncle Jim & aunt Kim came, along with their kids Carrie (& John), and Kevin (and girlfriend Amanda) and Kevin's kids Hailey & Lucas, and Kim's parents. My uncle Dick & aunt Pam also came, and one of their kids, Tim & his wife Katie. Mom made pork tenderloin for all of us. We tried to keep Alex in isolation. He came out for dinner and a bottle and ended up throwing up all over my chair with grandma :(

But, we still enjoyed ourselves! Anna got spoiled and got a little purse with a doggie from Kim & Jim and a personalized book & ABC puzzle from Pam & Dick. Alex got PJs from Pam & Dick and a puzzle and a teddy from Kim & Jim.

I sang at church-the 9 and 10:30 service. Mom, Kristin, Pam, Dick, Tim & Kate were all able to come to the 9 o'clock service. Paul stayed home and put the kids to bed. It was a long night for mom, but more restlessness to come later that I was unaware of.

No comments: