Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend/Salt Lake City

Paul, Kristin, Mom and I headed to Salt Lake City over Memorial Day weekend for my cousin Jodi's wedding. Alex & Anna were lucky enough to stay with grandma & grandpa for the entire weekend. They all had a lot of fun! Paul & I, however, got extremely sick. What a bummer. Our first time away from both of our kids, and we were running back & forth to the bathroom.

We arrived in Salt Lake City on Friday afternoon and wet to see the Indiana Jones movie. That night, we were able to go to Jeremy & Jodi's house for a little party, but I couldn't stay long...didn't want to get the bride sick! I quaranteed myself in the car. Saturday, we hit Park City. We went to Olympic Park and Paul was lucky enough to feel well enough for the Olympic "sampler", including bobsledding (his only request for our trip). Kristin & him did the extreme zip line, alpine sledding and bobsledding. I took my sister's spot on the miniature zip line, and it didn't bother my stomach too much. Everyone had a lot of fun at Park City. We wrapped up that morning/early afternoon with outlet shopping in Park City. Saturday night was the rehearsal dinner which we could barely survive through. Paul was starting to not feel well, and I was at the height of my sickness Sunday, Paul & I stayed holed up in the hotel so we could save all our energy for the wedding. Luckily, I felt a lot better in time for the wedding. Kristin & I did a reading for the ceremony. Paul had to duck out after the dinner and before dancing, but I mustered up everything I could for the dance and ended up on the last bus to the hotel. We, unfortunately, had a 6 AM flight the next day which meant a 3:45 wake up call. Paul & I were thankful to be home to our kids at grandma & grandpas, but slept all afternoon to try to feel better. Thank goodness for Wayne & Rhonda!! More beautiful pictures of the wedding are on Jodi & Jeremy's website...a link away!


No comments: