A week ago today, Anna and I visited my sister Kristin to wish her well on her marathon that she was running that weekend in Orlando through the disney parks. For fun, we looked at the cost of going with her, as my Mom would also be down there to cheer her on too. Thankfully, we found a cheap enough fare and Anna and I were off to Orlando the very next day! Of course, I couldn't write about it on our blog until we returned, as we surprised my mom, "grandma" Jane and "grandma" Gloria.
Anna did great on her first plane ride, despite having a little fluid in her ears. She got to ride first class, thanks to Auntie Kristin's platinum status. That meant I had some help with Anna on the plane. She properly slept on the way up and drank her bottle on the way down. What a superstar! She continued to be the world's most adaptable baby as we didn't get the crib until midnight the night we got in. Saturday morning, all the grandmas and I hung out around the resort, and played cards. That evening, we had dinner with the marathoners and went to sleep early.
Sunday morning, we had to get up at 4 AM (!!) to cheer on the marathoners. Mom and I were able to get into Magic Kingdom free as they'd be running through that park before it opened. We decided to wait there, about mile 10 to see Kristin. There, Anna just waved and smiled at her "fans", even though she had barely slept the previous name. What a star! We were able to pick out some Minnie Mouse ears for her and actually see Mickey and Minnie (she was in awe!). We were able to see Kristin's friend, Jill and Kristin run by us. It was so hot and humid that day (almost 85 degrees and 100% humidity), I was having a hard time managing my heat--I can only imagine how the runners faired! We were able to see Kristin & Jill also finish at Epcot. I am so proud that they endured the heat (and the world's most boring marathon, according to them). We returned to our place and all hit the pool. Anna enjoyed her first time in the kiddy pool and especially liked splashing Mommy.
Sunday evening, we had a celebratory dinner. Monday, we had breakfast at the "boardwalk" where we stayed with my family when we celebrated my dad's 60th birthday. I had Mickey waffles in honor of the big guy. We wished Jill and her friend Marie well as they were going back to Minneapolis and hit "downtown disney" to go shopping. We returned to the resort and continued our card weekend. I especially enjoyed learning to play bridge with Gloria, Mom and Jane. I'm an addict now!! Monday night, we met up with Jane&Ed's and Mom's friends that live in Orlando, Mark & Sara. Tuesday morning, it was back to home. Anna was a little maxed out by this point, and just wanted to move around, but once we got home she was one happy camper!
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment